Green home products are getting more popular today. You can easily find them from websites and shops with so many choices. But HOW are you going to decide which product is worth to buy? Here is the top 10 list of the best green products for the home:
1. Composting Toilet/Dual Flush Toilet
– Composting toilet treats excreta via aerobic decomposition. It is completely odorless and waterless. Furthermore, it produces nutrient rich fertilizing soil.
– Dual flush toilet uses less water than a traditional toilet. There are two buttons to operate the flush; one gives a short flush whereas the other gives a long flush.
2. Recycled Paper
– It’s a MUST to reduce energy waste, water pollution and air pollution during production of virgin paper.
3. Green Cleaning Kits
– Enzymes cleaning kit, non-toxic cleaning kit and microfiber clothes are eco-friendly products. HIGHLY recommended!
4. Recycled Paint
– Has low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) that minimizes exposure to toxic gases. Indoor paint normally has high degree of VOC which can affect the environment and human health.
5. Compost Bins
– Convert wastage into an effective fertilizer.
6. Green Bedroom
– Organic blankets, pillows and mattress are non-toxic. Organic cotton also dissipates body heat better.
7. Pest Control
– Biodegradable plant wash and non-toxic pest control sprays can effectively protect your garden without polluting the environment.
8. Biodegradable trash/plastic bags
– Traditional trash/plastic bags take forever to decompose. Try not to buy or use traditional trash/plastic bags whenever you can.
9. Green furniture
– Sustainable furniture such as table and chairs are durable and stylish. Most of them are made of bamboo or recycled materials.
10. Solar Powered Products
– There are so many solar-powered fans, lights and electronics selling outside. They are extremely useful and require no or partial electric supply. You only have to spend once on buying and wait for the sunshine!
These products are recommended for everyone who wants to reduce your carbon footprint. Besides, you can try to make your own green home products. Homemade solar panels are one of the best options to develop alternative energy. Take action and start go green today!